Crystal Reports Component Repair
During the normal course of business reporting, the Crystal Reports Viewer components may become damaged or another program was installed causing the components to get errors instead of processing reports normally.
Common error messages include: “SM-91 Cannot Open Print Job”, “U2LGL.dll Function is missing”, “Unknown Qry Eng”
On the CYMA computer requiring the Crystal Reports Components Repair Process:
- Exit the CYMAIV program on the computer with this issue.
- From Start Menu right-click mouse button and choose Explore. This process will run the Windows Explorer program.
- Make sure that the CYMA CD is in the CD drive or you have access to the CYMA installation folder.
- If you have inserted the installation CD in the disk drive, click the Exit the CYMA auto run menu that displays on the screen.
- Locate through Windows Explorer or Computer Drive Locations to select and open the C:\ directory (c drive)
- Find, select, and delete the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Crystal Decisions\ 2.5 folder
- Exit the Windows Explorer screen.
- From Start Menu open Control Panel, Choose Add or Remove Programs, or Programs (and Features).
- Select the CYMA program.
- Locate the program in the list and press Change.
- Install Wizard will display showing three options: Modify, Repair, and Remove.
- Choose the repair option which will allow you to repair and reinstall the CYMAIV Crystal Components.
- Note: If you receive an error code (1706) during the repair you will need cancel the program to remove and reinstall the program.
- When you reinstall the program re-apply the service packs to this CYMA computer to be on same version as the CYMA server.