CYMA Release History: Version
Release Date: October 2006
- Change Module Key Record IDs - A new Utilities
menu option for changing the Employee ID, Customer ID and Vendor
ID. Once the record type is chosen, the program will present
a grid with two columns. Displayed in the left column are all
the IDs of the existing employees/vendors/customers. In the
right column the user enters the new id. When the user is
finished with the mapping and presses the OK button, the program
will track down all records containing the old id and change to the
- Update Look of Screens - Modernized the look
of screens by adding code to take advantage of Windows XP
controls. This will make the buttons rounder and shaded, in
addition to other esthetic changes to the screens.
- Purge Inactive Records - In the
existing "Purge History" Utilities menu for purging transactions,
the user can now also elect to have vendors, customers, employees
or gl accounts purged. This purge can be requested for all
vendors/customers/employees/gl accounts, or for only those as being
flagged as "Inactive". With either purge option, the process
will only purge those vendors/customers/employees/gl accounts that
have no activity records either in the current or history
- Mouse Scroll Wheel - You are now able to
utilize the mouse scroll wheel in all data grids and in browser
- Custom reports can now be renamed.
- Quick Vendor Entry - A new
quick entry grid for adding one or many vendors at a time.
This quick entry grid contains only those fields (Vendor ID, Name,
Vendor Type, Terms Code and Expense GL account) that are necessary
to enter a vendor through the existing Maintain Vendors menu
- Quick Invoice Entry - A new quick entry grid
for entering and creating one or many invoices at a time in a
batch. The grid contains the following fields: Vendor ID,
Invoice #, Invoice Date, Posting Date, Product ID (opt.), Quantity,
Unit Cost, Job # (opt.) and default Expense GL account.
- One-Step Invoice Posting to GL - A
configurable option to streamline the posting of AP invoices to the
General Ledger. If using this feature, when the user selects
and then posts invoices in "Process Post Invoices to GL" the
program will not only create the Journal Entry batch, but also post
the AP invoice batch in the General Ledger.
- One-Step Check Posting to GL - A configurable
option to streamline the posting of AP checks to the General
Ledger. If using this feature, when the user selects and then
posts checks in "Process Post Checks to GL" the program will not
only create the Journal Entry batch, but also post the AP check
batch in the General Ledger.
- Quick Select Invoices for Payment - As an
alternative to using filters for selecting invoices to pay, this
new dialog box offers the option to enter in a grid the invoices
the user wishes to pay by entering the vendor id, invoice #, amount
to pay and discount to take for one or many invoices.
- Delete Invoices on a Void Check - A new option
that permits the user to either void the selected checks and
reverse out the original invoices, or void the checks and reopen
the invoices for future payment.
- Separate Check per Invoice - A new option at
the vendor level to indicate whether this vendor prefers to receive
separate checks for each invoice selected. The selection made
at the vendor level can then be overridden at the invoice
- View Payments from Vendor Activity tabs -
Added a View Payment button to both the Invoice Activity and Order
Activity tabs of Maintain Vendors. The user can now see the
check number, bank id, check date, check amount , discount taken
and the cash gl account when highlighting an invoice or purchase
order, and pressing this new button.
- Populate Invoice with Received PO Lines Only -
A new configuration question asking if when matching an invoice to
a CYMA purchase order, does the user want to see all open PO line
items and quantities, or just those lines and quantities that have
been received in the Inventory Control module. The advantage
of populating the invoice grid with only the received lines and
quantities is the user will no longer need to manually delete lines
that have not been received prior to saving the invoice.
- Aging and Filtering by Posting Date - A new
aging report that offers the option of aging and filtering by the
invoice posting date.
- Quick Invoice Entry - A new entry grid for
quickly entering and creating one or many invoices at a time in a
batch. The grid contains the following fields: Customer ID,
Ref #, Product ID, Quantity, Unit Price, Disc Pct, Ext Price, Tax
Amount, Sales GL account and Freight.
- One-Step Invoice Posting to
GL - A configurable option to streamline the posting of AR
invoices to the General Ledger. If using this feature, when
the user selects and then posts invoices in "Process Post to GL -
Invoices" the program will not only create the Journal Entry batch,
but also post the AR invoice batch in the General Ledger.
- One-Step Check Deposit Posting to GL - A
configurable option to streamline the posting of AR check deposits
to the General Ledger. If using this feature, when the user
selects and then posts checks in "Process Post to GL - Payments"
the program will not only create the Journal Entry batch, but also
post the AR check deposit batch in the General Ledger.
- Auto Apply Payments - A new "Auto Pay" button
was added to Enter Payments. When pressed a function will
automatically apply the undistributed amount to the oldest invoice
first, and will keep applying in ascending date order until the
undistributed amount equals zero.
- Auto Apply Unapplied Payments Utility - A new
process that allows the user to select a range of customers and
invoice dates, and then apply all unapplied payments/credits for
each customer selected. The function will apply the payments
to the oldest open invoices first and then keep applying in
ascending date order until all unapplied payments/credits have been
- Add Posting Date to Invoice - A new Posting
Date (similar to AP Invoices) was added to the header of Enter
Invoices. The post routine in "Post to GL - Invoices" will
now use this new date for posting to the General Ledger. All
ledgers and aging reports have been updated for this new date.
- Update Job with Invoice and Payments - If
using the Job Costing module, posted invoice information (invoice
amount and date) and payments information (payment amount and date)
will now update the original job cost files. This enables
many JC reports to no longer require reading AR transaction files
for their information resulting in faster reports.
- View Payments from Customer Activity tabs -
Added a View Payment button to both the Invoice Activity and Order
Activity tabs of Maintain Customers. The user can now see the
Deposit #, Bank ID, Deposit Date, Check/CC# and Method of Payment
when highlighting an invoice or sales order and pressing this new
- Sort Options for Payment Grid - While in the
view mode, you can now sort payment records in the Enter Payments
grid by: Entry Order, Payment Type, Reference, Payor Name or
- Invoice Audit files now track additions as well as changes and
- Added Cover Page to the Write-Off Register report.
- Define Report Detail by Account - Added
Summary and Detail options to Maintain Chart of Accounts for
signifying whether this account should print in summary (one line)
or detail (show all activity) on all ledgers.
- Quick Budget Entry - A new menu option was
added for simplifying the set up of account budgets. For each
year the user enters an original or revised budget in a
spreadsheet-like grid. The gl accounts form the rows in the
grid and the periods form the columns. This screen also
contains a Duplicate amount feature and an Allocate amount feature
in addition to an option to print the budget.
- Zero Dollar Journal Entries - Both the Enter
Journal Entry and Enter Recurring Journal Entry dialog boxes will
now accept zero dollar amount lines.
- Drilldown on Maintain Chart of Accounts - On
the Activity tab of Maintain Chart of Accounts the user can now
drilldown to the detail of AP Checks, PR Checks and AR
- Financial Statement Drilldown - Added a
drilldown capability when viewing a specific Income Statement,
SubType Income Statement, Detail Balance Sheet and SubType Balance
Sheet. The user can drilldown on a dollar amount of interest
on the report, and the program will display all journal entry
activity that makes up this amount.
- Define Header & Footer Messages - Added
the capability on GL Configuration to add a header and/or a footer
message to print on Income Statements and Balance Sheets.
- Added 1099 type to the Cash Disbursement check register.
- Unit of Measure Conversion - Enables the user
to purchase a product in one unit of measure and cost, and
stock/sell the product in a different unit of measure and cost. The
posting of the receipt performs the conversion
- Reverse a Build - If a company needs to
dismantle an assembled product they can do this in version 9.0
without having to make individual adjustments for each component
and the assembled product.
- Other Costs - Added for those companies that
want to include other costs (shipping, carrying, etc.) in the unit
cost of a product and then pass on these costs to their customers.
The user specifies at the product level the percentage or fixed
amount of other cost to be applied. The user then has the option to
override the system calculated other cost if the actual costs are
known at the time of the receipt.
- Update a Range of BOM Unit Costs - A new
process that updates all component unit costs, that might have
changed since the BOM was originally defined, by specifying a range
of BOM assembly products.
- Update SKU Unit Cost on Receipt - At the
product level the user can indicate if the SKU Unit Cost field
should be updated with the Purchase Order unit cost whenever this
item is received. In affect this field becomes the "last" unit cost
for this product.
- New Transaction Code for Receipts to a Job -
The program will now differentiate between receipts for
replenishing stock and receipts for a job.
- Transaction Date Added to Product Valuation
Reports - This new date allows the user to go back in time
to balance the value of their inventory in the IC module with the
value of the Inventory account in the GL module.
- Increase Serial Number Size - All inventory
movement programs will now accept a serial number up to 40
- Inventory items with a zero cost - needs to allow to adjust
quantity in enter adjustments
- Maintain Jobs Screen - The Maintain Jobs
screen in the Job Cost module has been significantly expanded
through the use of tabs. Some of these new tabs are detailed below.
Click the image to view a full screenshot.
- Labor Entry - Job Cost users can now establish
employees & earnings types to enter direct labor costs within
the JC module, meaning you can capture daily labor costs.
- Adjustment Entry - A new multi-purpose dialog
box for entering cost records directly in the JC module. It can be
used for: entering beginning balances, entering adjustments, data
entry corrections and importing cost records from outside sources
through the General Import utility.
- Financial Overview - A real time view of the
financial status of a job including: total contract to budget
comparison, total contract to cost-to-date comparison, total
contract to change order comparison and billing information.
- Budgeting by Cost Code and Cost Category -
Gives the ability to budget costs at these levels and run Actual
vs. Budget comparison reports at these levels.
- New Invoicing Methods include:
Cost Plus with Fixed Fee
Time & Material with Markup
Time & Material with Markup and Fixed Fee
- Job Contacts - A new tab on Maintain Jobs to
record sub-contractor and customer contacts and phone numbers.
- Job Tasks - A new tab has been added on
Maintain Jobs to record tasks to be performed in order to complete
the job. This tab includes fields for: task code (from pre-defined
table), task preformed by, start date, task days, scheduled
completion date (calculated) and actual completion date.
- Billing Overhead - Provides the ability to
apply overhead at one rate and bill the customer at another rate if
the job is set up as Cost Plus with Profit Percent.
- Sales Account Sources - Added new flexibility
to assure the proper sales account is being used when invoicing a
customer. This is accomplished by adding four new sources for the
sales account. The user can specify at the job level if the Create
Invoice process should use the sales account from: the job's own
set of sales accounts, the type of job, the cost code on the cost
record, the cost category on the cost record, or the product
id/skill id on the cost record.
- One-Step Check Posting to GL
- A configurable option to streamline the posting of PR checks to
General Ledger. If using this feature, when the user selects
and then posts checks in "Process Post Checks to GL" the program
will not only create the Journal Entry batch, but also post the
check batch in the General Ledger.
- Effective Dates on Employee Features - On
Maintain Employee you can now define a start and end date for any
feature. Any employee feature that is set up with effective
dates will not appear in the grid of Enter Payroll or Quick Payroll
Entry and will also be ignored in the Calculate Payroll process if
the accounting date falls outside the defined feature dates.
- Earnings Feature Can Reduce Salary Amount - On
Maintain Employee the user can now instruct the calculate payroll
function to automatically reduce/offset a salary feature amount by
the amount of another salary feature (vacation pay, sick pay,
- Advance & Loan Features Linked to Recovery
Feature - On Maintain Employee you can now assign a
specific loan recovery to a loan, and assign a specific advance
recovery to an advance. This will allow the set up of
multiple loans and advances that will track individual
balances. A new report for this feature is also
- Encryption of Social Security Numbers - Social
security numbers are now encrypted throughout the Payroll module
including all payroll forms, reports and employee browsers.
The social security number has also been completely removed from
- FUTA entries can be made in Adjustments for both Employee and
- Features are now sorted and in the order on the Employee as in
- All qualified employees are being brought into the Quick
Payroll screen. Active and Terminated needing final check.
- Quick Entry now displays the frequency start and end dates, if
a single frequency was selected.
- Ctrl-H is now a short cut for Print Checks
- Streamline Adding Vendor Cross-Reference
Records - A new alternative method for more quickly adding
vendor cross-reference records. This new menu option has two
entry modes: 1) Enter the Vendor ID in the header, and then
specify in the grid all the products you purchase from this vendor,
and 2) Enter the Product ID in the header, and then specify in the
grid all the vendors you purchase this product from.
- Add Cross-References On-the-Fly - A new
configuration setting asking if the PO save process should check
for any new combinations of vendor and products on the PO being
saved. If there are, then the program will add this new
combination of vendor and product to the vendor cross-reference
- Purchase Order Entry Converts Unit of Measure
- The Enter Purchase Order program will now default the purchasing
unit of measure and cost. Upon the save of the PO, the
program updates the "Qty on POs" field on the product to the
stocking unit of measure.
- E-mail Purchase Order - User can now e-mail
the PO from the Enter Purchase Order dialog box.
- Print SO Number - For any PO line item that
has a sales order number on it, the sales order number will now
print on the printed PO forms.
- Print Vendor's Product Description - If the
vendor has a different product description than your in-house
description, the company has the option of printing both product
descriptions on the printed PO.
- Ship All option Upon The Save of a Sales Order
- The first of two alternate features added to streamline the
shipping process. This feature offers the option, at the time the
order is being saved, to ship the order in full if it meets certain
requirements (not a quote, not on hold, does not contain serialized
products, and the company is not using StarShip software).
- Batch Shipments - The second of the new
alternate features added to streamline the shipping process. This
feature provides a new process for shipping multiple sales orders
at one time. This feature has the same qualifications as
- Promotional Pricing by Product Line - Can now
set up promotional pricing for a specific product line.
- Pick Ticket Selection Screen - Added a
selection grid to the Print Pick Ticket process in order to further
define which orders should have a pick ticket printed.
- Payment Date - Added a Payment Date field to
the Enter Sales Order dialog box for specifying the date of any
payment (check, cash, credit card or deposit) given by the customer
at the time of entering the sales order. This date will then be
used for creating the payment record in the Accounts Receivable
- Print Serial Number on Sales Order - When
reprinting a sales order an option was added for including the
serial numbers that were issued when the order was shipped.
- Filter by Warehouse - Added a warehouse filter
parameter to all sales order status reports.
- View Address on Completed Sales Orders - This
feature will allow the user to view the customer's billing and
shipping address on a sales order even after the order has been
completed. This is useful in the case of a shipment or an invoice
not arriving at the customer's address and wanting to verify the
address that was used
- eDesk now supports text in variable fields.
- User now has the ability to run custom reports from Edesk.