How to Convert Custom Crystal Reports
CYMA Version 7 and greater uses Crystal Reports Version 10 as its runtime report engine.
All custom forms (checks, invoices, statements, W2's, 1099's, etc.) must be converted to Crystal Reports Version 10 if you were using them in a CYMA Version prior to Version 7. Forms created in Crystal Reports Version 8.x will not run
How to Convert Custom Reports using Crystal 10
- Locate the custom report you wish to convert.
- Open the custom report into the Crystal Report Version 10 program.
- Select Database from the main menu.
- Select Set Datasource Location from the drop down menu.
- In the "Replace With" window, expand the Create New Connection folder.
- Then expand the Btrieve folder underneath it.
- This will bring up an 'Open' window allowing you to select a data dictionary file.
- Browse out to the MAIN Cyma4 program directory and choose the FILE.DDF file. You must select the File.DDF.
- Now you will have a list of all the possible database files in the "Replace With" window.
- Select the first file used in your report in the "Current Data Source" window and select it's matching file in the "Replace With" window. If this file does not appear in your company data directory, refer to the "CYMA File Structure Changes" document to determine what the new file name is and select the new file. You will need to set alias names in Step 16 if any files on your report have new file names.
- With both files selected click on the UPDATE button.
- Repeat steps 10 and 11 for each file listed in the "Current Data Source" window.
- After all files have been updated to a matching file, press the CLOSE button.
- From the main menu choose Database again.
- From the Database menu choose Database Expert.
- If any of the files used on the report have a new filename (see step 10) you will need to set alias names. Click on the filename that has changed and press the F2 key. Type in the new filename. Repeat this step for each file that has changed. NOTE: If your report contains sub-reports steps 14-16 (renaming changed files) should be done inside of each sub report.
- Click on the LINKS tab to bring up the Visual Linking Expert screen.
- Click on the OK button.
- Save the custom report in the appropriate location (Forms are saved in the forms directory, reports are saved in the main CYMAIV directory).
- Congratulations! You are finished.
NOTE: Any Crystal 8.0 reports that linked from one file to many files and used the 'Look up all of one, then the other' linking option will not have similar linking options in Crystal 10 and will probably need to be rewritten. This applies mainly to reports that pulled in Current and Historical transactions onto a single report.